Every February, the world appears to turn red and pink. Anything and everything is made into the shape of a heart, and the words “I love you” are imprinted on our brains; there’s definitely nothing subtle in the messaging around this holiday.
Even in the world of scholarships, you can’t escape Valentine’s Day. Just take a look at the Valentine’s Day scholarships our team of researchers turned up when we decided to investigate this holiday.
1. Gifts of Love Award – Available to any U.S. student with a disability who desires formal training or instruction in a particular field. The number of awards varies annually, and the award amount ranges from $200 to $500. Students can apply any time throughout the year.
2. Faith Hope And Love Jesus, Inc. College Scholarship – One $500 scholarship is offered each year to a U.S. high school senior who has been diagnosed with cancer or a blood disorder. Applicants may submit essays on any topic. The deadline to apply is May 1.
3. Mind & Heart Scholarship – This scholarship is offered through Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington, and is available to incoming students with grade point averages of 3.75 or higher and at least 2020 on the SAT (or at least 30 on the ACT). The total value of the scholarship is $76,000 over four years.
4. Heart of America/Christopher Reeve Award – Any U.S. high school senior or younger who has demonstrated tremendous compassion and caring in his or her community is eligible to apply for this $1,000 scholarship. The deadline for applications is October 31.
5. American Association of Candy Technologists/John Kitt Memorial Scholarship – This $5,000 scholarship is available to both U.S. and international college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university and must major in food science, chemical science, biological science, or a related area. The deadline to apply is April 18.
So, while you are enjoying your Valentine’s Day chocolate and watching your roses unfold, be sure to set aside some time for your scholarship search. Candy may be delicious and flowers may be sweet, but getting free money for college is always the best treat. Enjoy!
It's fast, easy and free. Sign Up and Start Your Search Today!