- Virgina Commonwealth University (VCU) Rural Dental Scholarship Program
- Colorado Graduate Grant
- Arkansas Health Education Grant Program (ARHEG)
- Maryland Graduate and Professional Scholarship Program
- Dual Medical/Philosophy Degree Waiver (Biomedical Research Scholarship Student Waiver)
- View More
- View Less
Start your search today!
This award is for New Mexico residents who are seeking degrees in health profession programs. The student must be accepted to the University of New Mexico-School of Medicine and must declare intent to practice as a health professional in a designated shortage area in New Mexico.
Please note: Although the application deadline for this award has passed, we wanted you to know about this award as a possibility for next year. Often, scholarship providers offer similar scholarships each year. This award is scheduled to be updated within the next few months. Please check back for more information at a later date.
Wait, There's More!
- Awarded by:
- New Mexico Higher Education Department
Financial Aid Coordinators make award amount recommendations based on the student's financial need for the academic year; however, the amount of the award may not exceed $25,000 per academic year. The final award amount is determined by the New Mexico Higher Education Department based on available funding and the total number of eligible applicants. Funds are sent in two disbursements directly to the higher education institution at which the eligible student is enrolled. Students must apply for renewal awards each year in which funding is desired.
- The number of awards offered varies annually based on available funding and the number of qualified applicants. In the 2012-2013 academic year, there were 22 awards disbursed.
Applications are available on the New Mexico Higher Education (NMHED) website. One section of the application must be completed by the financial aid officer at the student's school. In addition, the ... Sign up for full scholarship deadline information.